This is the website for the parishes of St Francis and St Clare Catholic Churches, in Ely, Cardiff. The official address is 277, Cowbridge Road West, which is where you’ll find the Presbytery.
You’ll find the church of St Francis of Assisi in Caerau Park Road; the church and hall of St Clare in Mill Road and the parish hall on the corner of Grand Avenue and Moore Road. Please take a look at our “Mass Times” page.
We’ve identified some pictures and maps on Google Maps. You’ll find them on the how to find us page.
Mass Times for Christmas
- Christmas Day - Midnight Mass:
- Wednesday, 24 December, at St Francis Church
- Carols Before Mass:
- Wednesday, 24 December, 17:30 at St Clare's Church
- Christmas Vigil Mass:
- Wednesday, 24 December, 18:00 at St Clare's Church
- Carols Before Midnight Mass:
- Wednesday, 24 December, 23:30 at St Francis Church
- Christmas Day - Mass During the Day:
- Thursday, 25 December, 10:00 at St Francis Church
Our parish priest is the Rev. David O'Donnell.
His telephone number is: 029 2059 1503.
You can email him at email@example.com.
Did you know?…
St Francis of Assisi loved nature and so he is patron saint of ecologists. Read more about the life of St Francis.
St Clare of Assisi was named patron of television because one Christmas when she was too ill to leave her bed she saw and heard Christmas Mass — even though it was taking place miles away. She is also the patron of sore eyes! Read more about the life of St Clare.
The website is a work in progress, so please let us know of information you would like to see. And if you’ve got any photographs that you’d like to share, please email those too. Please email the webmaster (Rebecca Ballard).